Vascular and Endovascular Surgical Options
The foremost cause of death in Americans is vascular disease. Known as the silent killer, this condition can go unnoticed until a serious medical event occurs. Aneurysm ruptures and strokes are frequent concerns for those with vascular disease. Preventative screening is available from most providers. Every year there are millions of Americans that are at risk for death or severe disability from vascular disorders remain unaware of the danger it poses. Nurick Surgical Institute provides access to treatments that can address vascular disease in Riverside, CA.
Our team of expert surgeons provides care using the latest treatments and technologies. This includes a range of endovascular, minimally invasive, and traditional surgical procedures with the goal of providing compassionate, high-quality care. Among the conditions we provide treatment for are peripheral arterial disease (PAD) as well as disorders of the lymph and venous systems.
Our board-certified vascular and endovascular specialists specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and conditions affecting the circulatory system, including:
- Aneurysms – Abnormally enlarged blood vessels
- Arterial dissection – Arterial walls that have experienced disintegration or tearing
- Cerebrovascular disease – Disease occurring in the blood vessels that lead to the brain
- Lymphatic disorders – Diseases that affect lymphatic circulation
- Non-atherosclerotic vascular disorders – vascular diseases that occur without hardening arteries
- Peripheral arterial disease – Blood vessels that lead to the legs being blocked
- Venous disorders – Deep vein thrombosis and varicose veins
Blocked blood vessels can be notoriously tricky to manage. However, endovascular approaches make it possible to perform repairs within them safely. These procedures are minimally invasive, resulting in reduced hospital stays, faster recovery, and a lowered risk of infection. They are performed by the skilled hand of our surgeons.
- Aneurysm Repair – This procedure involves the placement of a stent-graft into the part of the aorta that is weakened. This is accomplished through a small incision with the assistance of imaging guidance.
- Peripheral Bypass Surgery – A technique for opening blocked vessels through the use of a peripheral graft. These special tubes are made of synthetic materials or natural human tissue.
- Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting – A small hollow tube is placed into the carotid arteries by going through a blood vessel in the groin. Once in place, a balloon may be inflated inside the carotid artery to open it, making it possible to put a stent in place.
- Carotid Endarterectomy – This surgery aims to remove plaque from a carotid artery. A minor incision is made in the neck to perform this procedure.
Other procedures we perform include:
- Endovascular Repair
- Stent Graft
- Thrombolytic Therapy
- Varicose Vein Treatment
Reach Out To Nurick Surgical Institute For More Information
Nurick Surgical Institute is your source for specialized surgical needs in Riverside, CA. We’re dedicated to providing our patients with effective treatment with fast recovery times and exceptional results. Call today for a consultation if you’ve been informed surgery is in your future. We look forward to being your choice for surgical treatments.