Colorectal Surgical Procedures At Nurick Surgical Institute
The gastrointestinal tract is a complex and sensitive part of our digestive system. Numerous medical concerns afflict this area, including polyps, fissures, hemorrhoids, diverticular disease, and more. Nurick Surgical Institute provides a range of colorectal surgical options that provide treatment and relief from conditions like these. If you’ve been informed that your colorectal condition can be treated using a surgical option, Dr. Harvey Nurick and the rest of our team in Riverside, CA is here to help.
We use advanced approaches to treatment that are specifically tailored to the needs of the patient. By utilizing minimally invasive techniques in our surgeries, we provide the greatest level of comfort and care. Using these techniques ensures that your hospital stay and recovery are reduced as much as possible while still providing exceptional care. In many cases, you’ll be able to return to your normal activities after the surgery.
Areas that are included in colorectal treatments include:
- Small intestine
- Large intestine or colon
- Rectum — located just before the anus
- Anus— The sphincter muscle that opens and closes to pass waste from the intestinal tract.
Our team of expert surgeons performs the following colorectal surgeries:
- Colectomy – Removes some or all of the large intestine.
- Colostomy – the creation of a hole in the abdominal wall for passage of a small piece of the colon known as a stoma. A colostomy bag is placed for the collection and disposal of bodily waste.
- Endoscopic surgery – A diagnostic procedure using a camera known as an endoscope. This scope is passed into the body to provide observation of health issues.
- Hemorrhoidectomy – This surgery is used to remove hemorrhoids that have failed to respond to certain home treatments.
- Ileal pouch-anal anastomosis (J-pouch) – This procedure is used to restore stool function control in cases where the large intestine has been removed.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) surgery – This surgery involves a colectomy used to treat Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. It can provide lasting relief from Crohn’s disease, though retreatment is usually necessary every few years. Ulcerative colitis can often be cured with this procedure.
- Internal sphincterotomy – A procedure used for the treatment of anal fissures that fail to resolve on their own. It accomplishes this by cutting the internal sphincter to weaken it, permitting it to heal on its own.
- Rectopexy – This treatment addresses rectal prolapse through adjustment of the placement of internal structures and securing them into their new position.
- Resection – This surgery removes part or all of diseased tissues or organs.
You can learn more about the procedures we perform by giving a call to our office in Riverside, CA.
Schedule a Consultation With Dr. Harvey Nurick Today!
If you’ve been informed that you’re in need of a surgical procedure, then it’s time to reach out to Nurick Surgical Institute. Our excellent team will walk you through the procedures we perform and get you scheduled for a consultation with Dr. Nurick. During your visit, a thorough medical history is taken, your concerns discussed, and a treatment plan developed.